On May 31st it was announced at Xiaomi annual product launch event in China that MIUI 10 is going to be released globally by 1 June and in India by 7 June. And it’s no doubt that this new Smartphone is going to be promising with its new features and upgraded functions.
Xiaomi MIUI 10 comes with rebuilt task manager, gesture control and AI portrait mode for enhanced photography. The rebuilt task manager takes the leverage of tall fully potential full-screen display with supportive ratios ranging from 16:9, 18:9 to 19:9 with newer gestures. Using this feature the users are given the options of deleting tasks with simple swipes and expanding option using a long press.
Previously added gestures and shades in MIUI9 are improvised and new navigation gestures are present in MIUI 10. The Android version is also upgraded to Android 8.0 with BETA 8.5. This new interface version comes with new notification shade and new apps screen making it more fully fledged with new elements. The MIUI 10 will be based on Android 8 Oreo and Android 9 is expected to release soon as the beta version of MIUI is already available.
MIUI 10 BETA ROM
The first batch will receive a closed and public beta of MIUI 10 ROM include Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S, Mi MIX 2, Mi MIX, Mi 6X, Mi 6, Mi 5, Mi Note 2, Redmi S2 and Redmi Note 5. Closed beta is open for developers. A public beta can be downloaded by all users.
Public Beta of MIUI 10 China Developer ROM will be available in late June. The second batch of smartphones will receive only a public beta of MIUI 10 China Developer ROM. There will be no closed beta for these phones like Mi 8, Mi 8 SE and Mi 8 Explorer Edition.
MIUI 9, Android 7.0 Nougat had developed many features like split screen, a more dynamic resource allocation for a fluid experience, faster app launch times and other features and improvements which lead to improvements in loading times, shortcuts on the lock screen, smart functionality and more.
Highlights of MIUI 9 are Smart Assistant which can be accessed by swiping up from the home screen, a smart app launcher that suggests apps to launch on the screen. Last but not least, the image search feature by which keywords can be distinguished from photos.
MIUI 10 VS MIUI 9
With all new features and upgrades, MIUI 10 is faster than MIUI 9 with a difference in speed by almost 30 seconds when practically tested.
WHATS NEW IN MIUI 10
MIUI 10 developed in new areas like artificial intelligence and machine learning.
HOW TO INSTALL MIUI 10
- Settings > about phone > System update, manually look for an update.
- In the MIUI Forums, Xiaomi has provided the download links and full changelog for all the Smartphones. From those sites, we can download the updates accordingly.
- First, we have to reboot by powering off your phone. Then Boot TWRP on your device with the given command: fastboot boot /path/to/twrp.img
- Once booted into TWRP, tap on “Wipe” and then “swipe to factory reset” to do a reset.
- Go to “Install” and find where you stored the MIUI 10 ROM. Select it and load it.
- Once the flashing has completed, tap on “reboot system” and you should boot into MIUI 10!
Thus this is how we install MIUI 10.
Following are the screenshots of how you can install it
First, check that your device is available to receive the update via OTA.
MIUI 10 TOP 5 FEATURES
1. Virtual Assistant- visuals and Looks are more refined with graphics updates.
2. Gestures- MIUI 10 offers swipe gestures for home, back option and apps.
3. Artificial Intelligence- With the help of AI most used apps, contacts and tasks are sorted to save time and effort.
4. Smart Device Integration- To control devices and appliances of home with increased security MIUI 10 has features that will make it really easy to connect many smart devices to compensate for the need in future.
5. Task Manager- full preview and close all apps with a single tap.
MIUI8 Simplifies life with a user interface that’s more interactive and colorful than ever, under optimizations, and all-new Xiaomi-style innovations. It comes with Android version 4.4 without Google services.
MAIN SALIENT FEATURE OF MIUI8
Minor changes were added to this user interface with Updated system apps which Added support for Second Space and Dual apps.
Dual apps Feature that lets you have two separate accounts on one phone to enjoy any app like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Calculator with complex conversions, cropping, video editing, and sharing Mi cloud sync SMS app are the developed feature for MIUI8.
Also, MIUI 8 is the first OS to support Hindi T9 dialer.
MIUI 9 VS MIUI 8
MIUI 9 is faster than MIUI 8 in all aspects including the introduction of app vault and gesture shortcuts. MIUI 9 have doubled speed compared to MIUI8.
PAST Xiaomi SMARTPHONES
The list of phones included under Xiaomi are Mi Note 3, Mi 5X, Mi 5c, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi 4, Mi 4c, Mi 4S, Mi Max 2, Mi Max, Redmi 5, Redmi 5A, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Redmi 4X, Redmi 3S/Redmi 3X, Redmi Pro, Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 4 MTK, and Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm which all were technically well developed according to the inventions of new one.
Many of the Smartphone’s under MIUI are available in India. Some of them are Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Mi 5, Mi Max 2, Redmi 5A etc. Xiaomi has given separate announcement for the India release date of MIUI 10 as it has done in the past.
With the announcement of MIUI 10, the company also announced new versions like Mi Band 3, new 75-inch Mi TV 4 and a VR headset. Global versions of MIUI have accessibility to pre-installed Google play store apps as MIUI in mainland China banned Google apps. So, From MIUI8 to MIUI 9 and from MIUI 9 to MIUI 10, these Smartphone’s had highly changed graphics, processor, battery power and varied performances. Between MIUI8 and MIUI9, MIUI 9 was fastest and now MIUI 10 is faster than MIUI9.